Fender American Pro Telecaster Deluxe Shawbucker 3 Colour Sunburst
In the late ‘60s and early ‘70s guitarists wanted hum-free tone based on the sound of an amp about to blow up. You asked—so we listened and created the Telecaster Deluxe in 1973. Today’s version, the American Professional Telecaster Deluxe ShawBucker, brings modern, player-oriented features to the stage and studio, and can still make an amp sizzle without breaking a sweat.
- Two Tim Shaw-designed ShawBucker humbucking pickups
- String-through-body Telecaster bridge with bent steel saddles
- New modern "Deep C”-shaped neck profile
- Bone nut; 22 narrow-tall frets for easier bending
- Treble bleed circuit maintains highs when reducing volume
- Includes Elite Molded hardshell case
Voiced specifically for their position, our redesigned ShawBucker open-coil humbucking pickups deliver highly dynamic, multi-dimensional tone while resisting electrical noise.
NEW “DEEP C” NECK PROFILE
Designed for comfort and speed, the new American Professional “Deep C” neck profile sports more substantial shoulders. The increased mass and altered geometry creates a more natural feel that’s perfect for chord and single-note playing alike.
Narrow-tall frets are taller and narrower than their medium jumbo cousins, making them especially effective for bending notes and playing chords up the neck with perfect intonation.
This vintage-style strings-thru-body bridge sports six stamped steel saddles for accurate intonation and vintage-informed tone.
The treble-bleed circuit maintains the high end when turning down the volume knob to reduce gain, letting your tone shine through, no matter where the instrument’s volume is set.
An original-era Fender design element, a bone nut contributes to superior tone and performance. Many players consider bone nuts to be more “organic” sounding.
- Series: American Pro
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, Modern “Deep C”
- Neck Finish:Gloss Urethane Front, Satin Urethane Back (Maple), Satin Ure- thane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face (Rosewood)
- Fingerboard: Maple or Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: Black Dot (Maple), White Dot (Rosewood)
- Nut (Material/Width):Bone, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: 3-Saddle, Strings-Through-Body Tele with Compensated Brass Saddles, 6 screw mounting with removable modern "Ashtray" Bridge Cover
- Pickguard: 3-Ply
- Pickups: Shawbucker 2T (Bridge), Shawbucker 1T (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position down. Bridge Pickup, Position middle. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position up. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Skirted Amp Knobs
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Elite Molded Case
Need a loan to buy this guitar?
Interest-free credit available. Lifetime warranty