Fender Classic Player Baja ’60s Telecaster Faded Sonic Blue Electric Guitar
For the Classic Player Baja ’60s Telecaster, Fender Custom Shop Master Builder Chris Fleming has taken his original Baja Telecaster design and upgraded it with full-on 1960s features and vibe, including an alder body, rosewood fingerboard, a comfortable ’60s “C”-shaped neck profile and American Vintage pickups. The other great features are also still available with this model, including the special switching and circuitry, engraved Fender Custom Shop neckplate, American Vintage strings-thru-body Telecaster bridge and more.
- Alder body
- American Vintage ’52 Tele® (neck) and ’58 Tele (bridge) single-coil pickups
- Special four-way pickup switch (offers both pickups in series in addition to standard parallel)
- S-1™ switch for even more tonal options
- American Vintage strings-thru-body Telecaster bridge with three brass saddles
FOUR-WAY PICKUP SWITCHING
The Classic Player Baja '60s Tele’s four-way pickup switch adds a fourth tonal variation to the standard Tele complement. Position four combines the neck and bridge pickups in series for fatter tone and higher output, creating raw rocking tone.
For even more tonal versatility, pushbutton S-1 switching presents special pickup and wiring modifications. On this special Telecaster model, the S-1 switch is built into the volume control knob and changes the pickup wiring from in-phase to out-of-phase when both pickups are on.
NEW AMERICAN VINTAGE PICKUPS
This instrument features specially voiced American Vintage pickups meticulously researched and crafted to reproduce the authentic design, voice and performance of the great Fender guitars of the 1960s.
THICK "C" NECK PROFILE
This Telecaster has a slightly thicker neck than most Tele models, keeping the "C" profile (the shape of the neck in cross section) that provides such a smooth and comfortable fretting-hand feel.
THREE-SADDLE AMERICAN VINTAGE TELECASTER BRIDGE
With authentic design and performance that evokes the Telecasters of the 1950s, ’60s and ’70s, this model features an American Vintage telecaster bridge with three saddles.
FENDER CUSTOM SHOP DESIGNED
As if this instrument’s innate coolness and terrific features aren’t enough, it’s also designed by the acclaimed master builders of the Fender Custom Shop.
- Body Material Alder
- Body Finish Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape Telecaster®
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Shape '60s "C"
- Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets 21 Fret Size Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays Dot
- Truss Rod Standard
- Bridge Pickup American Vintage '58 Single-Coil Tele
- Neck Pickup American Vintage '52 Single-Coil Tele
- Controls Master Volume (S-1™ Switch), Master Tone
- Switching 4-Position Blade:
- Position 1. Bridge Pickup,
- Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups (In Parallel),
- Position 3. Neck Pickup,
- Position 4. Neck and Bridge Pickups (In Series)
- Configuration SS Special Electronics S-1™ Switch
- Bridge 3-Saddle American Vintage Strings-Through-Body Tele with Chrome Barrel Saddles Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines Vintage-Style
- Pickguard 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs Knurled Flat-Top
- Switch Tip Barrel Style
- Neck Plate 4-Bolt with "Custom Shop Designed" Engraving
- Strings Fender® USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Other Features Knurled Chrome Flat-Top Control Knobs, "Barrel" Switch Tip, 4-Bolt Neckplate with "Custom Shop Designed" Engraving, Single "Wing" String Tree
Need a loan to buy this guitar?
Interest-free credit available. Lifetime warranty