Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster Black Electric Guitar
The unconventional Telecaster fan will appreciate the unconventional style of the Classic Player Baja Telecaster. Designed by Fender Custom Shop Master Builder Chris Fleming, it looks like a traditional Tele®, but boasts several mods that transform it into a full-voiced true Classic Player, such as Custom Shop-designed pickups, special tone circuitry and switching, and more.
- Ash body
- Custom Shop-designed Twisted Tele® single-coil neck pickup
- Custom Shop-designed Broadcaster single-coil bridge pickup
- Special four-way pickup switch (offers both pickups in series in addition to standard parallel)
- S-1™ switch for even more tonal options
- American Vintage string-through-body Telecaster bridge with three brass saddles
FOUR-WAY PICKUP SWITCHING
The Classic Player Baja Tele's four-way pickup switch adds a fourth tonal variation to the standard Tele complement. Position four combines the neck and bridge pickups in series for fatter tone and higher output, creating raw rocking tone.
For even more tonal versatility, pushbutton S-1 switching presents special pickup and wiring modifications. On this special Telecaster model, the S-1 switch is built into the volume control knob and changes the pickup wiring from in-phase to out-of-phase when both pickups are on.
CUSTOM SHOP PICKUPS
This already-distinctive Classic Player Telecaster model also features a specially voiced Twisted Tele® neck pickup and stinging custom bridge pickup, both from the very best of our best, the Fender Custom Shop.
"SOFT V" NECK PROFILE
The "soft V" neck profile (the shape of the neck in cross section) on this instrument has a distinctly comfortable fretting-hand feel that takes the more pronounced sharpness of a ’50s "V" profile and "softens" it into a somewhat more rounded shape. Ideal for players with larger hands whose thumb extends over the edge of the fingerboard.
THREE-SADDLE AMERICAN VINTAGE TELECASTER BRIDGE
With authentic design and performance that evokes the Telecasters of the 1950s, ’60s and ’70s, this model features an American Vintage telecaster bridge with three saddles.
FENDER CUSTOM SHOP DESIGNED
As if this instrument’s innate coolness and terrific features aren’t enough, it’s also designed by the acclaimed master builders of the Fender Custom Shop.
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Polyester
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: Soft "V"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays: Dot
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Slotted
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt with "Custom Shop Designed" Engraving
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Single-Coil Broadcaster
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop "Twisted" Single-Coil Tele
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 4-Position Blade:
- Position 1. Bridge Pickup,
- Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups (In Parallel),
- Position 3. Neck Pickup, Position 4. Neck and Bridge Pickups (In Series)
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Special Electronics: S-1™ Switch
- Bridge: 3-Saddle American Vintage Strings-Through-Body Tele with Brass Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Switch Tips: Top Hat Style
- Auxiliary Switching: S-1 Switch Down: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge/Neck Pickups (In Parallel)-Out of Phase, Position 3. Neck Pickup (Standard Tele) Position 4. Neck/Bridge Pickups (Series) Out of Phase
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Soft "V" Shape Maple Neck, Knurled Chrome Knobs, "Custom Shop Designed" Neck Plate, 4-Way + 2-Way S-1™ Switching, Synthetic Bone Nut
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Gig Bag
Need a loan to buy this guitar?
Interest-free credit available. Lifetime warranty